During your bi-annual exam, you can expect:
- A medical history review: The dentist will assess how any new medical conditions or illnesses may affect your dental health.
- An oral examination: Your mouth will be checked for damaged or decaying teeth.
- An oral cancer screening: To check for signs of oral cancer, the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues and gums will be checked.
- A gum disease evaluation: Your gums and bone around the teeth will be checked for any evidence of periodontal disease.
- An examination of existing restorations: Current fillings, crowns and other restorations are checked to be sure they’re in good order.
- Digital X-rays when needed: Digital X-rays provide several advanced imaging options designed to save time, provide clearer dental photos and expose patients to less radiation than with traditional X-ray technology.
Even with careful brushing and flossing it is difficult to ensure teeth are 100% free of plaque and tartar at home, so we recommend a dental cleaning twice per year, too. Our staff will carefully clean your mouth of any build-up and will polish your teeth and floss thoroughly.