Proactive, preventative solutions will always save you time and money in the long run. That’s why Truman Lake Dental in Warsaw, MO follows the Academy of General Dentistry’s recommendation that people of all ages should get a dental check-up at least twice per year.
During your bi-annual exam, you can expect:
- A medical history review: The dentist will assess how any new medical conditions or illnesses may affect your dental health.
- An oral examination: Your mouth will be checked for damaged or decaying teeth.
- An oral cancer screening: To check for signs of oral cancer, the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues and gums will be checked.
- A gum disease evaluation: Your gums and bone around the teeth will be checked for any evidence of periodontal disease.
- An examination of existing restorations: Current fillings, crowns and other restorations are checked to be sure they’re in good order.
- Digital X-rays when needed: Digital X-rays provide several advanced imaging options designed to save time, provide clearer dental photos and expose patients to less radiation than with traditional X-ray technology.
Even with careful brushing and flossing it is difficult to ensure teeth are 100% free of plaque and tartar at home, so we recommend a dental cleaning twice per year, too. Our staff will carefully clean your mouth of any build-up and will polish your teeth and floss thoroughly.
Save time and money and protect your health by scheduling dental check-ups and cleanings twice per year at Truman Lake Dental in Warsaw, MO!